A few things I’ve done whilst manic:
- As a young child, had a ‘vision’ that Jesus had leprosy. Also, at nursery school, had another ‘vision’ with depersonalisation.
- As a teenager, had other religious ‘visions’ including psychosis.
- As a teenager, the planet Venus told me (in compressed time) the philosophy of Plato’s ‘Symposium’.
- Got married. (It didn’t last.)
- Bought a one-way flight ticket to India. (And used it.)
- Been a total slut.
- Marched up and down the living room wielding a large kitchen knife, frequently stabbing the dining table.
- Had various delusions, most of which I still have (to some extent) despite meds.
- Bulk bought: cheap wristwatches; USB pen drives; clothing; etc.
- Written what I estimate to be more than a million words since my teenage years: fiction (several novels), poetry (thousands – many published), reviews, plays, etc.
- Wrote a 70k word autobiography in two weeks at the age of 20-ish despite nothing actually having happened in my life at that point.
- Made 20+ ensō paintings in 10 mins or so (total). The lawn was covered with them.
- Driven up to the Black Mountains obsessively, 3x a week for a couple of months.
14. Danced on a table in the staff room at lunchtime. No-one seemed to notice.